Hasnain Tanweer Associates
Inspire. Innovate. Integrate
Head of Legal & Company Secretary job is available in Karachi for a public listed manufacturing company. An ideal candidate must have Masters / LLM Degree from a recognized university along with 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in handling corporate and legal affairs of a large-scale company.
Head of Legal & Company Secretary job role encompasses the effective and efficient management of the Legal department, provision of legal advisory services, and ensuring the proficient management of legal risks.
- Legal Risk: Review ongoing cases and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Close coordination with top management in order to formulate & implement proper strategies for the defending/handling of all sorts of legal proceedings & risk exposure matters.
- Litigation Management: Responsible for handling litigation including but not limited to various suits for damages, defamation, litigation relating to infringement of intellectual properties, violation of agreements/contracts, recovery suits, and summary suits. Property and rent matters, leave and license matters, tax matters, customs-related issues, partnership concerns/disputes, real estate disputes and arbitration proceedings, etc.
- Attends Courts and arbitration proceedings personally for all litigation pending in Supreme Courts, High Courts, Lower Courts, labor courts and other special courts or judicial forms.
- Knows IP laws, registration and protection of all the intellectual properties i.e. trademarks, logos, slogans, copyrights, industrial designs and patents etc, with the concern department and authorities in Pakistan.
- Responsible for handling, monitoring, and conducting raid activities against infringers and counterfeiters through law-enforcement agencies followed by litigation and also visiting, and holding meetings with different Govt. authorities and Law enforcement agencies like FIA, Police, Customs, etc.
- Contract Negotiation: Drafts, vetts, and negotiate various types of contracts, legal and administrative instruments/agreements including but not limited to contracts for licenses, agencies agreement, distribution agreement, vendors and suppliers contract, Outsourcing contract, non-disclosure agreements, lease agreements, royalty agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, partnership deeds, agreements for property transaction, Work contract, lease Deeds, IP development Agreements, leave and license agreement, assignment deeds, relinquishment deeds, bailment & pledge agreement, mortgage deeds, redemption deeds.
- Liaise with government officials, legal advisors and relevant public agencies and follow up on any company compliance issues and communicate the status to relevant parties as and when required.
- Coordinate with Chairman of the Board and Managing Director for preparation of agenda for Board Meetings and issue notices to the BOD members, shareholders and other stakeholders; coordinate with all stake holders for answering their queries with respect to affairs of the company and ensure that stakeholder’s rights are protected in a transparent manner.
- Establish a summary of matters reserved for the Board and its Committee’s decisions, schedule meetings, assists or prepare the papers for the Board, recording accurately the decisions of the Board, convey the decisions to the strategic management, pursuing the follow up actions and reporting the consequent actions back to the Board.
- Coordinate between the company management and internal audit consultants in order to ensure that a clear internal control mechanism is communicated to relevant managers in order to maintain a confidential and ethical process, as well as minimizing discrepancies with audit requirements.
- Maintain updated and accurate documentation regarding statutory records as required by Company Ordinance, SECP Ordinance including shareholders register and minutes of the shareholders and Board of Directors Meeting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Operation and Planning
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making
- Attention to detail
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Active thinking / sharp
Apply at email@example.com
Kindly mention the job title Head of Legal & Company Secretary in the email
Last date to apply is 20th November 2023